Congratulations on your new addition! A new kitten is an exciting, busy, and frankly, adorable time! We want to make sure you have everything you need to get your kitten off to the best start. From preventative health care like diet, vaccines, heartworm, flea and tick prevention, to litterbox training, and well-adjusted cats, we have great advice to share!
We look forward to partnering with you to make your new family member as healthy and happy as possible. Click on the links below for our basic recommendations and guidelines. Every pet is different, so we’ll be discussing these things with you during routine visits, and you can always reach out to our veterinary team with additional questions or concerns! We’re here to help, and we can’t wait to see your new pup grow.
Heartworm and Intestinal Parasite Prevention
Flea and Tick Prevention
New Kitten Checklist
- New Kitten Essentials! (COMING SOON!)
Grooming & Maintenance
- Kitten Nail Trims: Tips for Success
- Spaying Your Cat – What You Need to Know
- Neutering Your Cat – What You Need to Know
Socialization and Obedience
- Cat Friendly Homes (from the American Association of Feline Practitioners)
- PreventiveVet.com: great general health info
- Fear Free Happy Homes: enrichment, behavior, socialization, travel and more!